First and foremost I am a teacher. Any course, workshop, coaching or consultant service I offer is grounded in a pedagogy of compassion; in other words, my engagement style supports each person and community from the inside out and from the ground up.
Regardless of one’s experience with meditation, mindfulness or compassion cultivation practices, we can always use support to deepen our growth in cultivating courage, compassion and connection. Thus, growing our voice can be both a personal and professional endeavor.
Below you will find a brief description of my teaching philosophy and some of the services I provide. Please contact me with any questions or interest in working with me.
My Teaching/Facilitation Philosophy
I believe that teaching and learning occur within the context of relationships. These relationships are with the teacher-student, student-student, and student-self. If you take a course with me, you will find a safe, secure and confidential environment. This is particularly important when we are connecting our minds and bodies with the purpose to cultivate compassion for ourselves, others and the broader world. Whenever we begin to open our hearts to connecting with ourselves and with others, we begin to grow an awareness of how we relate to our experiences. While this is liberating for many, it also can trigger our vulnerability. In my courses and workshops, this vulnerability is held with gentleness, is respected and normalized, and students can participate at their comfort level.
There is no “right” way to experience life. It is our own experience. My facilitation style promotes acceptance of your experience as it is, and respects the way in which you choose to engage in these practices and exercises. This acceptance is important to our growth. My intention for teaching any course or workshop is to embody compassion and have my facilitation style model the essence of these practices.
- Compassion Cultivation Training– This 8 week course brings one through a 6 step meditation process to deepen and strengthen one’s capacity to be compassionate. It provides depth and breadth beyond any single workshop.
- Workshops – will be personalized to particular audience
- Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation
- Open the Heart: Lovingkindness Practice
- Meditation: Building a Daily Practice
- Coaching/Consultant Support
- Support individuals seeking to develop a meditation practice, integrating mindfulness into daily living, and/or cultivating a compassionate mindset (online or in-person).
- Provide short follow-up meetings to workshops – based on the needs of the participants.
- Provide guidance to growing a culture of compassion in the workplace, classroom or home.
- Lead guided meditation for any interested group.